At YMCA Nelson we run full time care every school holiday period (excluding public holidays). These programmes are very popular and are packed with a wide variety of activities. Offering children the opportunity to try new things and develop their skill base whilst enjoying their leisure time. Exciting and varied fun filled days from 8am to 6pm for 5 - 13 year olds in five locations around Nelson & Tasman.
When do our Programmes Start?
The OSCAR Holiday programmes start on the first weekday of each school holiday period, for two weeks. (except the Christmas period for 4 Weeks) Registrations for holiday programmes open approximately 4 weeks before the holidays start and the new programme schedule of activities will be posted here at this time.
YMCA Nelson's booking system allows parents and caregivers to manage and register their children onto upcoming holiday programmes & pay online. Manual registration, programme information brochures & WINZ subsidy application forms can be accessed from here and also are avaliable from Y Kids Early Learning Centre located at 183 St Vincent Street, Nelson.
* Fees vary depending on the programme ** Programmes are subject to change
Hours and pickup/drop off locations will be listed on the programme planner for each holiday programme. Please note: We are closed on public holidays. If there is a change in the programme parents/guardians will be contacted with updated instructions.
Queries, Concerns or Ideas
Should you have any queries, concerns or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Supervisor. Feedback forms are available upon request from the Y Oscar Coordinator.
- Minimum of two staff on duty at all times
- Staff / Child ratio 1:10
- On Excursions it is no more than 1:8 & is based on a risk analysis profile
- Children are in view of staff at all times (unless it is inappropriate i.e toliets)
- Staff are trained to provide inclusion activities for the benefit of all children
- Children are informed of the boundries and are expected to stay within them