The Nelson Training Centre is a provider of training to the hospitality industry. We offer free training courses to those who meet the entry requirements and we offer a pathway to hospitality based employment opportunities. Our campus is located in the heart of Nelson city and has all the facillities needed to train hospitality students to industry standards. We have a great team of qualified tutors and staff that are here to help students achieve their full potential.
Work Place Experience
Our on campus cafe and restaurant gives students the experience of working in a real world hospitality environment. Our cafe is open to the public every Thursday. This gives our students experience with all front of house and kitchen positions. Our Friday luncheons for invited guests provides students the opportunity to improve their customer service and public interaction skills.
Nelson Training Centre is governed by the following goals and principles:
- To provide quality training in the hospitality sector that meets both the learners and industries needs.
- To provide pre-employment training catered to individual and to employment needs
- To provide skilled workers to the ever increasing hospitality sector
These goals are achieved through:
- Identifying each learners skills and abilities in relation to the industry requirements
- Providing the learner with a realistic picture of the hospitality employment requirements
- Creating training programmes that focus on adaptability, presentation and ability to withstand pressure alongside the practical hospitality components.
- Ensuring industry involvement in all training programmes
- Providing a welcoming and supportive training environment with a high practical component
- Providing learners with overall employment skills such as motivation, self confidence, team work and communication skills
- Ongoing evaluation of our training services