At The Nelson Training Centre we offer NZQA accredited courses.
- New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Level 2)
- NCEA Vocational Pathways (Service Sector) - Level 2
We have a roll-in, roll-out policy so students can enrol at any time throughout the year. Our course dates are from January to December.
- Food Handling
- Safety & Hygiene
- Cooking Techniques
- Baking Skills
- Salad & Vegetable Preparation
- Food Costs & Sources
Restaurant and Cafe Skills:
- Table Service
- Beverage Service
- Wine Service
- Cafe / Espresso Skills
- Customer Service
- Back Alley Cafe
- Local Job Placement
- Hospitality Terminology
- Structures & Routines
- Industry Expectations
- Employers Expectations
- Pathway Action Plans
Course Entry Requirements
- A desire to explore the hospitality industry as a career path - no previous experience needed
- A willingness to contribute as part of a team.
- Meeting either Training Opportunities or Youth Training criteria.
For 16 - 19 year olds please bring with you:
- Birth Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate or Exemption Letter
Contact Nelson Training Centre for more information or to enrol in these courses, The Tertiary Education Commission funds free training for 16 - 19 year olds.
Postal Address: PO Box 355