After School Care
YMCA Oscar programmes are much more than a child-minding service. They are recreation based, and the aim is to meet the needs of children in their out of school hours in a fun, safe & learning environment, while incorporating our four values of the YMCA which are: Caring, Respect, Honesty & Responsibility. They are the foundation of building strong kids, strong families & strong communities. Each programme offers a variety of activities that includes arts and crafts, sports, games and incorporates homework activities. We provide a safe envionment for your child to relax in after their day at school while ensuring there are stimulating options for those still with energy.
- Children are picked up from school; walking/bus/taxi/YMCA Shuttle
- Afternoon tea - light, tasty and nourishing snacks
- Homework supervision & support
- Exercise through outdoor games, sports and play
- Free Play, with use of art & craft resources
Parents & Caregivers are required to notify the YMCA Nelson office of any absences, for any reason, as soon as possible. This will eliminate unnecessary concern and time in tracking your child's whereabouts. Parents & caregivers are responsible for ensuring the YMCA has up to date contact and special care details.
Bookings are essential as we need to know who is attending on a daily basis. Payments can be made via internet banking. Please contact the Y Kids office for registration. All of our programmes are CYF approved to operating OSCAR standards. For you this means your child participates in a nationally approved programme & should your family qualify, enables you to receive a Work and Income subsidy.
FEES PER DAY
(3PM - 5PM)
FEES PER DAY
(3PM - 6PM)
Victory: Collects children from Hampden Street, Clifton Terrace, Victory, Central & St Joseph Schools. Brightwater: Collects children from Wakefield School.
Hours and pickup/drop off locations will be listed on the programme planner for each holiday programme. Please note: We are closed on public holidays. If there is a change in the programme parents/guardians will be contacted with updated instructions.
Queries, Concerns or Ideas
Should you have any queries, concerns or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Supervisor. Feedback forms are available upon request from the Y Oscar Coordinator. Parents & Caregivers are most welcome to spend time at the After School Care Programme & are encouraged to get to know the staff.
- Minimum of two staff on duty at all times
- Staff / Child ratio 1:10
- On Excursions it is no more than 1:8 & is based on a risk analysis profile
- Children are in view of staff at all times (unless it is inappropriate i.e toliets)
- Staff are trained to provide inclusion activities for the benefit of all children
- Children are informed of the boundries and are expected to stay within them